Why Donate Your Car to the San Diego Automotive Museum?
Like all non-profit museums, our admission fees pay only part of our operating costs. We seek funding from corporate sponsors, foundations, and government agencies. Individuals can support the museum with cash gifts or vehicles of any kind.
Some people think they have to own a restored classic or vintage car to be considered a valued contributor. That is simply not true. We take all cars, motorcycles, RV’s, and boats (with trailers) to help fund our programming and exhibit development. Yes, we always need cars for our collection. And yes, we need well-worn cars we can turn into much-needed cash for operations.
Why does it matter?
- You would be supporting a reputable and well-known that has served all of San Diego and beyond since 1988.
- We make it easy! We handle all of the paperwork for you, care of the title transfer, and also take care of the paperwork required in order to receive the charitable tax deduction on your tax return.
- Get fast, free pick-up and towing. Even if your car isn't running we'll pick it up nearly anywhere in the United States.
- In many places we can usually accept vehicles with missing titles.
- Eliminate the hassle of selling your car and put that old car to a good use.
- We're green – Most cars are sold, but we're able to take the cars that nobody wants and recycle them. So even the cars in the worst shape can become something new including new cars!
Whether you want to donate a car of significant monetary value or one that is taking up space, our donation program is the perfect choice. It starts with a phone call. Our Executive Director, Paula Brandes, will gladly discuss all the options and explain the program in detail. Call 619-398-0308 to make it happen.